So it’s probably about time I told you a few things about me, and I thought – what better way to do it than in a post called 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me.
1) My hair is naturally brown. Despite the fact it is currently ginger (and I LOVE it) it is in fact dyed. I’ve been dyeing my hair since I was about 13.
2) If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be New York City. I’ve always hated the thought of living in a city; the chaos and noise, it bothers me. But it’s different with New York; the chaos calms my soul. I could walk around the city all day and night and still not be bored. I promise to do a blog post on why I love New York.
3) I love music. Like I’m literally obsessed with it. I think I get this from my dad. I grew up listening to a lot of 70’s and 80’s music, especially rock and I can’t get enough of it. My Sunday mornings consisted of waking up to Lightning Seeds, Fleetwood Mac, Simply Red and War of the Worlds.
4) I was going to be called Dominic if I was a boy. Strangely enough, my parents went on to call my younger brother Matthew.
5) I’m obsessed with balloons. They make everything better. Having a bad day? Buy yourself a balloon. It’s your birthday? Get a balloon. Boyfriend broke up with you? Buy yourself some wine, and a balloon!
6) I am scared of clowns. This hasn’t always been a thing; as a kid I loved clowns and the circus. Even had a toy clown. But I hate them now. If I see one in the street, I have to cross the road, or keep my eyes shut, or walk past really fast while trying not to have a panic attack (Genuinely happened on the street in Barcelona). I think it all came about when I watched IT a few years ago. Bad idea!
7) I owned my first and current home at the age of 22. I have since put an extension on said home, which I drew up myself, project managed and then designed internally. My home is my pride and joy. Another post that I promise to do.
8) I have 2 degrees, a diploma in Interior Design and I’m currently working on a diploma in Event Management.
9) I come from a long line of reasonably tall people on my dad’s side. I’m probably the shortest at 5′ 9″ with my dad’s cousin being the tallest at 6′ 6″.
10) I go to the cinema once a week with my dad. I am a huge film buff (as my dad calls me); again, I take after my dad on this. We have unlimited cards for the movies; meaning we can go as much as we want. I sometimes even go on my own; it gives me time to think and get out of my own head.