Team, I’m bringing back my monthly goals and monthly favourites posts and I’m so excited about it. It’s been a minute since I did one of these posts. I think I will combine them (unless I have too many things to tell you).
So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
My May goals relating to blogging are as follows:
- Reach 1200 followers on Instagram
- Reach 8200 followers on Twitter
- Hit 500 views on my blog – so, to some people this might not seem like a lot, but I have been really struggling recently with traffic on my blog and its been an achievement if I’ve reached 400 views a month on my blog in the last 5 months or so. So, I want to try harder with advertising my blog and with trying to get more views.
- Read 15 books this month
- Read at least 200 pages a day
- Lose 7lbs this month – I don’t know how many of you are aware but I signed back up to Slimming World on 30th April (I shall do a separate post telling you my story with SW) and I want to lose 7lbs before the month is up 😀
- Workout 3 times a week – even if its just a walk around the block.
Okay, so several things happened in April that put a smile on my face. One of them was our Blarabs trip to the Lake District for 5 days. We had an absolute blast. I loved spending so much time with my dysfunctional family and our tiny blarab Leila. She’s such a beauty, I miss her face already.
Also, Game of Thrones coming back to our screens. I’m so excited about this show, which is funny, because up until Season 7 started, I’d never seen GoT before. I smashed all 6 seasons just as Season 7 was starting up. So, it’s nice to have it back with us again.
I also booked a long weekend in Edinburgh in the month of April with my best friend for our 30th’s in November. We’re so excited about this trip. It’ll be perfect for the Christmas Markets and such a lovely way of celebrating our 30th’s together.
I bought a new camera this month. I’ve been thinking about it for a while now and I had some money saved so I thought why not. I treated myself to the Canon G7X Mark II (which my parents also chipped in some money for as part of my Christmas present for this year) and I’m completely in love with it. Not fully using it yet for vlogging because I now need to figure out which editing software is best to use (please leave suggestions below, ya gal needs the help) but I absolutely love it 😀
Also, book mail. I was completely spoilt in the month of April with books. I bought myself a couple books, but I was also sent some from some Twitter friends and also quite a bit from Publishers as well. It’s such a beautiful feeling to come home to book mail. The books I received were:
- On the Come Up from Nikki (nikkireadsbooks)
- Emergency Contact from Moon (themoonkestrel)
- The Bookshop on the Shore from Little Brown
- Something More from Little Brown
- The Furies from Harper Collins
Thank you as always to the Publishers for gifting me these gorgeous books. I feel very lucky to have been sent them. And thank you so much to Nikki and Moon for sending me books off my wish list. I adore you both. You’re angels.
Favourite Movies of the Month
Favourite Books of the Month
I Heart Forever (reread)
The Hate U Give
Star Trek Graphic Novel
So, there you have it. My goals for May and my favourites from April.
What were some of your favourites from last month? Let me know in the comments below.