I wanted to share my stories, trips, reviews, and recommendations. I wanted to have a voice, and hopefully, write something interesting whilst making new friends who have similar interests.
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to visit Manchester? That is – places to eat, see, etc. (Becca from Sheintheknow)
I would recommend a visit to Manchester to everyone. It’s such a beautiful city! Some of my favourite places are –
Eateries: Dockyard, Black Milk, Crazy Pedros, Northern Soul, Mackie Mayor.
Sights to see: Museum Of Science And Industry, Salford Quays, festivals (including but not limited to Manchester International Festival, Manchester Jazz Festival, and many food/beer/cider festivals), Christmas Markets, Chinatown.
Note: There are also hop-on & hop-off sightseeing tour buses to take advantage of.
- Which blog post has made you the most excited to write? (Emma from Thisisemsworld)
I was so excited and emotional while writing my Australia-based post. It reminded me of how amazing my trip was, but also how sad it was to say goodbye to my friends there, all over again.
Also – my “Exposing Myself…” post… I found it exciting to tell my friends and family about my blog, and even more exciting to tell you guy’s about how that all went down.
- What are you loving at the moment (TV/film/music-wise)? (Emma from Thisisemsworld)
TV: I was ready to re-watch something I’d already seen, like Sons Of Anarchy or One Tree Hill, but my friend Kirsti recommended Pretty Little Liars and I’m loving that a lot at the moment! Also – Grey’s Anatomy and The Charlotte Show.
Film: The Greatest Showman (repeatedly!), Avengers: Infinity War, I Feel Pretty.
Music: I have recently been introduced to country music and now have a mild obsession with Kip Moore (and Kid Rock); I’m also absolutely loving Jess Glynne’s I’ll Be There and Flames by David Guetta & Sia.
- Who/what are your favourite bloggers/blogs to read? (Becca from Sheintheknow)
Daisy over at Daisy-grey
Fran over at franciscarockey
Adam over at themindofclowez
Hattie over at butyoulookgreat
- What do you wish you had known before you started blogging? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
It’s not all about blogger events and easy-breezy stuff. It can be a lot of work, and you need to make sure that you set some time aside, each week, for your blog.
- What one piece of advice would you give to a new blogger? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss & Emma from Lifeofemmax)
Twitter will probably become your best and favourite social media platform. Used correctly, it will open you up to so many opportunities, and you’ll also meet some of the most amazing people on there. I’ve met some of the most amazing and beautiful-souled girls on Twitter and I honestly couldn’t imagine my life without them now!
- Who are your blogging inspirations? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
- What is the best opportunity you have had through blogging? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
Becoming a “Coconut Queen” for Coconut Lane.
- Where would you like to see your blog in 5 years’ time? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
I love blogging and it has become such a huge part of my life; I’d love to be able to spend more time on it and build it up into some kind of a business.
- What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
Honestly, I’m not sure… either I’ve blanked all this stuff out as I’ve grown up, or I just haven’t done as much embarrassing stuff as a kid as I now do as an adult(!), but I can’t think of anything. Probably performing to Spice Girls in my living room with my brother and 3 best friends… at the time, it was amazing and I loved it, but now, despite being one of my favourite memories, I guess that it’s pretty cringe-worthy, too! Ha!
- Who would you love to be for a day? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
Charlie Hunnam’s girlfriend! Ha!
Or Blake Lively… because she’s such a beautiful person and so humble, and also – look at her husband!!!
- What’s your biggest pet peeve? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
Shitty people… ignorant, clueless, selfish people! I can’t stand them!
- Who is your celebrity crush? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
I struggle with this question so much! I have so many, along the lines of Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt (all the Chrisses!), Idris Elba, Keegan Allen, Jesse Lee Soffer, James Lafferty, Ryan Hurst, Chad Kroeger, Jamie Dornan, etc.
HOWEVER, I think that my all-time top celeb crush would have to be Charlie Hunnam.
- What’s your favourite cocktail? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
Purple Rain or Sex On The Beach.
- What was your dream job as a kid? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
Paramedic or mechanic. Ha!
- What are you scared of? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
Clowns, spiders, and kids in scary films. Oh, and dolls – like porcelain dolls… I used to collect them as a kid, but horror movies have meant that I now find them creepy as hell!
- What’s your skincare routine? (Tanya from GlamGlitzGloss)
This is something that I have only recently made a “thing” in my life. I used to be rubbish at looking after my skin, although to be fair, I rarely wear make-up; so, other than washing my skin, I didn’t feel the need to put too much on it. But nevertheless, I have started some form of a skin routine, which includes Garnier Skin Active Soothing botanical cleansing milk with rose water, followed by Garnier Skin Active Soothing botanical toner with rose water. It’s not perfect but it’s a start. I do still need to find a moisturiser that doesn’t send my skin into a red flared-up mess… I am on the hunt! I also swear by using Sudocrem in the event of a breakout; that works for me, every time.
- Who inspires you? (Mary Elizabeth from thelifeofmaryelizabeth)
My brother; he’s younger than me but he’s an amazing human being and my absolute hero. He’s the sweetest guy you’ll ever meet, but he takes no shit! He will be the best dad ever when he and his wife have children… those kids will have THE best parents.
- What is your favourite film of all time, which you watch on repeat? (Emma from Lifeofemmax)
Oh, crikey! Another question I’m going to struggle with! I have a few –
We Bought A Zoo
The Greatest Showman
Breakfast At Tiffany’s
*Any Marvel film*
21. What is the craziest thing that you’ve ever done (or seen someone do) at a sporting event, either as a competitor or as a spectator? (Jerome & Lucy from Ovasinax)
Oh, this is a tough one. I don’t go to as many sporting events as I used to when I was a kid, and even then it was just a Bolton Wanderers match so the craziest thing I would see is Bolton winning! I did use to go watch one of my friends go and play rugby though. I’ll never get over how brutal this game can be, but I love it. I remember being stood on the sidelines and my friend Ste coming running past me with the ball and being tackled by 2 guys and you could hear so clearly the sounds their bodies made as they collided. That’s probably the craziest thing I’ve seen/heard at a sporting event.
22. What are your opinions (personal and/or in general) about couples at concerts, festivals, parades, sporting events, etc. where the ladies sit on the shoulders of the guys for lengths of time? (Jerome & Lucy from Ovasinax)
This has never bothered me on a personal level, but I do always think that people doing this probably should be considerate of people behind them that probably can’t see the stage/event anymore. I also wonder how good this can actually be for the guys shoulders and back especially if it’s a long period of time. But I suppose if they’re not hurting anybody and they’re having fun, then what’s the problem?! 🙂