So I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award again. I wasn’t sure how to do this as I’ve already done a post for this before (here), but seeing as they are different questions, the new nominations can have a different post 🙂
I have been nominated FOUR times; once by Rachael from bloggerrachael (back in February), once by Tammy from tammysreadinglife, once from myhappyplace, and once by Megan from insidemegansmind. Thank you lovelies 🙂
Some of these questions may be repeated questions from the last time I did this, so I have just copied and pasted those answers from the previous post. Due to there being four set of questions, I have started with Rachael’s followed by Tammy’s, My Happy Places, and last but not least Megan’s. 🙂 Enjoy!
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
1) What made you want to start blogging?
I wanted to connect with other bloggers, and share my trips, reviews, and recommendations. I just wanted to have a bit more of a voice and hopefully write something of interest.
2) What’s your favourite place to visit?
New York City. Despite only being there twice (2001; 10 weeks before 9/11, and then again in 2011 for my 21st), I absolutely love it. I feel like I’m at home when I’m there. The chaos calms my soul!
3) Describe yourself in three words!
Quirky, funny, happy.
4) What talents do you have?
I can put away Prosecco and chocolate like nobody’s business. I also have a talent for LOVING Monopoly despite the fact that I never ever win. I can crochet too, which is cool I suppose! 🙂
5) What is your dream holiday?
Crikey! Honestly, I have so many. Rome, Venice, Amsterdam, Sydney, Bali, Maldives.
6) What is your all-time favourite film? Why?
Oh dear! This question trips me up EVERY TIME. I have so many different ones for so many different reasons. Genres come into play and all sorts of other things too!
Okay… Braveheart, Pretty Woman, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, We Bought A Zoo, The Greatest Showman, Fast And Furious 7 and Captain America: Civil War.
7) What is your spirit animal?
Probably a dog; they get to just chill all day and get their hair stroked loads. Or Dean Winchester… pie, beer and ’67 Chevy Impala are life, let’s face it!
8) What is your proudest moment?
When I bought my home. And when my brother graduated from university.
9) If you could have a superpower what would it be? And why?
Erm… this is such a good question. Maybe super strength like Wonder Woman and Captain America. Or just to be extremely clever like Tony Stark… and I can make my superheroes! Oh… a really fast metabolism would be awesome!
10) What are your goals for 2018?
To lose more weight, to put more effort into my blog (so far so good), to read more, to be kinder to myself, to save more and to sleep more.
11) What is your biggest pet peeve?
Shitty people! Ignorant, clueless, selfish people! I can’t stand them.
1) Which opening line suits you best: Once upon a time…OR It was a dark and stormy night...?
It was a dark and stormy night… every time!
2) What is the earliest reading memory you have?
Twilight, back in 2009. I read all the books in a week.
3) If you had five other lives to lead, what would you do in each of them? Don’t overthink – what do you think would be FUN!?
Be a race car driver.
Move to New York City.
Be a paramedic.
Study English Lit and become a writer.
Travel the world.
4) What is the most treasured item you possess?
My 28 year old teddy bear – Cuddles. I honestly don’t know what I’d do if anything ever happened to him.
5) Where do you write normally and where would you ideally like to write?
At my dining table or in bed. I’d love to write in a library, or on a park bench in Central Park, or on a comfy window bench in a huge floor-to-ceiling height window in my ridiculously large Manhattan apartment. (A girl can dream).
6) What is a blogging tip you can share?
Find someone you can trust to proofread your work before publishing.
7) Mountains or beach? Why?
Both. I’m not a fan of the sand but I love the sound of the ocean. And I love to hike, so mountains are pretty cool.
8) Coffee or tea?
9) How do you recharge?
Night in with the girls, take away, wine, face masks and a movie. Or just a bath and a book.
10) What is your favourite book and why?
I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk. I found myself living vicariously through Angela Clarke and I got an insight into what I wanted my life to be like. I felt like Lindsey was writing about my dreams. Even the bad parts!
11) If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who would you dine with?
My grandma – I never had the chance to meet her as she died before I was born, but I’ve heard so many amazing things about her.
Oprah – I feel like it would be such a humbling experience to have dinner with her. And she’d probably have my life all ironed out and sorted before the starters arrived.
Paul Walker – I absolutely loved him and what he stood for. He was an outstanding actor, and I imagine, an even better person. He’s definitely missed by this fan.
My Happy Place Questions
1) Who is your favourite artist?
This is a tough one for me; I like all kinds of music. I’d probably go for Ed Sheeran, ACDC, Fleetwood Mac, Eminem and Pink the most though.
2) Domino’s or Papa Johns? Choose one
3) Describe one of the happiest moments of your life?
Buying my home and when my brother graduated.
4) If you could have any car for free, what would you choose?
Amazing question. I’d choose a ’67 Shelby Mustang.
5) What do you do to cheer yourself up when you’ve had a bad day?
Watch a movie or hang out with friends.
6) Which of your parents are you most like?
My dad; we’re both pretty odd individuals.
7) What was your favourite film as a child?
The Lion King.
8) Where have you always wanted to travel?
9) Which of your personality traits do you wish you could change?
Sometimes I wish I could change my always trying to see the best in people; I’ve been hurt a lot over the years because of it. I wish I was more active as well; I love nothing more than sitting around all day reading or watching movies, which is awesome, but not so great when I want to lose weight. Oops!
10) Did you collect stuff as a child?
Pokemon Cards and Football Stickers.
11) Where do you want to be living in ten years?
In the house I’m in now, or a bigger but similar house to where I am now, or in that massive apartment in Manhattan I was talking about earlier.
1) What’s your favourite social media platform?
Twitter has been so amazing for meeting other like-minded bloggers and getting my name out there; I have so much fun with it. But I also LOVE posting on Instagram; I love taking photos and showing them to other people. So both Twitter and Instagram I think.
2) Cats or Dogs?
Dogs, every time.
3) What’s the meaning behind your blog’s name?
Stephloves is a blog of all the things I (Steph) love in life.
4) What’s one goal you have for 2018?
To make more time for things that interest me and things I want to do… Blogging, reading, etc.
5) If you could go to any fictional place where would you go?
Hogwarts or Hundred Acre Wood.
6) What skill would you like to master?
7) What’s your dream travel destination?
New York City every time.
8) What’s something that you absolutely hate that people do?
Chew with their mouth open.
9) Is your blog a secret?
Nope. I outed my blog this month and wrote about it. See link here.
10) What do you want from your blog in the future?
I’d love to turn it into a full-time job. I love blogging and it has become such a huge part of my life.
11) What’s a hobby that you really want to get into?
My nominees are:
Katie-Leigh at katiescorner
Amber at amberrosewrites
Brittany at Justacruzthroughlife
Rianne at erikarianne
Gemma at Gemmannecase
Michelle at operationmommaonamission
Charise at myeccentricdays
Chloe at blissfullychloe
Rebecca at rebeccaroseblog
Cassie at cassiesinthecasket
Lauren at sincerelylaurenemily
My eleven questions to you are:
- Do you own a pet, if so what’s the breed and how old is it?
- Who are 3 of your favourite bloggers?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What quote inspires you?
- What is your favourite book?
- What would be the best advice you could give to a new blogger?
- Do you have a favourite blog post of yours?
- If you could give your past self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
- What do you hope to achieve by the end of 2018?
- Do you have an interesting fact about yourself?
I look forward to reading all your answers. 🙂